Quite a few Poles live in Spain on the Iberian Peninsula, but also in the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands. The city where you can meet many Poles is certainly Madrid. At the moment, up to 60,000 Poles may be living in Spain permanently.
Formal conditions for the transport of deceased from Spain to Poland
In order to transport the body of a deceased person to our country, a set of documents must be submitted:
- Birth and marriage certificates from the Registry Office (if you do not have a copy);
- A burial permit issued by the district governor or mayor;
- A copy of the death certificate (Partida / Certificado Litteral Dedefuncion) or other document stating the death;
- A medical certificate showing that the death was not due to an infectious disease
- Certificate for bringing the body or ashes (remains) into the country issued by the Consul
In addition, in the case of:
- certificate for the coffin in which the deceased is transported. The coffin should include a metal liner inside, with at least a 5 cm absorbent layer, and specialized filters. The coffin is sealed before leaving the country of transportation. It is possible to incinerate the body in Poland - in this case, the crematorium should notify the local sanitary sewerage department
- Cremation certificate - (Certificado de Insineracion);
- certificates from the funeral home that the ashes have been placed in a sealed, damage-resistant container
- Certificate for the urn.
Body transportation procedure from Spain to Poland
- Prepare basic information about the deceased person, such as name, surname, address, marital status, time and place of death;
- Check whether you or someone in the immediate family has access to the deceased person's documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate of the spouse, court judgment confirming divorce (if any);
- Contact us by phone at +48 608-135-247;
- Send us by e-mail (scan or photo) a set of necessary documents, which we will discuss in detail during the telephone conversation
- Accept the sent cost estimate and send by e-mail (scan or photo) the signed contract along with the agreed scope of our services and price;
- Wait for the implementation of the service (we will keep you informed of any action we take)
- After the transport service is completed, we will prepare the necessary documents enabling authorized persons to collect the funeral allowance from ZUS or KRUS (fixed amount: PLN 4,000)
How does the transport of deceased look like?
Transport of the body from from Spain to Poland is carried out overland. The corpses are transported by a specialized hearse that meets a number of legal and sanitary requirements. Each of our cars is equipped with a cooler and protection against sliding of the coffin or urn. In order to respect the dignity of the deceased, we also ensure that the driver's cabin is permanently separated from the part intended for the placement of deceased or human remains.
- After accepting and signing the contract and sending scans of the necessary documents, our employee leaves for the place where the body of the deceased person is located and collects the original documents from the nearby offices to continue the procedure of bringing the corpse from abroad.
- Next, our employee goes to the previously indicated place (usually a morgue) to collect the body and ensure that it is properly prepared for the journey.
- Upon your request, we take a photo of the body so that you can be sure that the coffin contains the designated person. (The service is free of charge, you receive the photos on the SIM card)
- Before leaving the country, the Employee dealing with your case performs consular clearance at the Consulate appropriate for the place of residence of the deceased person.
- Prior to the scheduled departure, the Family is informed (by email or telephone) of the exact route selected and the scheduled time of arrival at the designated location within our country.
Transporting a body from Spain to Poland is a cost from 11,000 to 18,900 PLN.For an accurate quote, please call us at +48 608-135-247