The most common direction of emigration for Poles in Scotland is Edinburgh, which is quite an economic center. A very popular neighborhood in this city among our compatriots is Leith. Other cities chosen by Poles include Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
Formal conditions for the transport of deceased from Scotland to Poland
In order to transport the body of a deceased person to our country, a set of documents must be submitted:
- Birth and marriage certificates from the Registry Office (if you do not have a copy);
- A burial permit issued by the district governor or mayor;
- A copy of the death certificate;
- Medical certificate on the cause of death containing information that the person did not die of an infectious disease
- Certificate for bringing the body or ashes (remains) into the country issued by the Consul
In addition, in the case of:
- Medical certificate (Free From Infection) that the death was not related to an infectious disease, if the cause of death is not indicated on the death certificate
- A certificate from the funeral home handling the transport that the body was placed in a metal coffin containing a layer of absorbent substance at least 5 cm thick on the bottom, and the metal coffin was carefully soldered and placed in a wooden box in such a way that it could not move in it
- Cremation certificate
- A certificate from the funeral home that the ashes have been placed in a sealed, damage-resistant container and only the ashes of the designated person are in it
Body transportation procedure from Scotland to Poland
- Prepare basic information about the deceased person, such as name, surname, address, marital status, time and place of death;
- Check whether you or someone in the immediate family has access to the deceased person's documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate of the spouse, court judgment confirming divorce (if any);
- Contact us by phone at +48 608-135-247;
- Send us by e-mail (scan or photo) a set of necessary documents, which we will discuss in detail during the telephone conversation
- Accept the sent cost estimate and send by e-mail (scan or photo) the signed contract along with the agreed scope of our services and price;
- Wait for the implementation of the service (we will keep you informed of any action we take)
- After the transport service is completed, we will prepare the necessary documents enabling authorized persons to collect the funeral allowance from ZUS or KRUS (fixed amount: PLN 4,000)
How does the transport of deceased look like?
Transport of the body from from Scotland to Poland is carried out overland. The corpses are transported by a specialized hearse that meets a number of legal and sanitary requirements. Each of our cars is equipped with a cooler and protection against sliding of the coffin or urn. In order to respect the dignity of the deceased, we also ensure that the driver's cabin is permanently separated from the part intended for the placement of deceased or human remains.
- After accepting and signing the contract and sending scans of the necessary documents, our employee leaves for the place where the body of the deceased person is located and collects the original documents from the nearby offices to continue the procedure of bringing the corpse from abroad.
- Next, our employee goes to the previously indicated place (usually a morgue) to collect the body and ensure that it is properly prepared for the journey.
- Upon your request, we take a photo of the body so that you can be sure that the coffin contains the designated person. (The service is free of charge, you receive the photos on the SIM card)
- Before leaving the country, the Employee dealing with your case performs consular clearance at the Consulate appropriate for the place of residence of the deceased person.
- Prior to the scheduled departure, the Family is informed (by email or telephone) of the exact route selected and the scheduled time of arrival at the designated location within our country.
Transporting a body from Scotland to Poland is a cost from 7,000 to 10,500 PLN.For an accurate quote, please call us at +48 608-135-247